“The importance and need of our receiving the Baptism in the Spirit shortly after conversion is shown by the following:
- God has provided it.
- Jesus Himself received it.
- He commanded His disciples not to proceed without it.
- All His disciples did receive it, as well as His mother and His brethren.
- It effected the conversion of 3,000 on the day of Pentecost.
- It enabled the apostles to full Jerusalem with their doctrine.
- It enabled them to perform supernatural signs and wonders.
- It enabled them to carry the Gospel to every creature of their generation. Col. 1:23.
- They were careful to lead their converts into the same place of power. Acts 8:14, 15, etc.
- Christ commands all believers to be filled with the Spirit. Matt. 28:20; Eph. 5:18.
For these reasons, we declare, no Christian should neglect to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit.
Source: Ralph M. Riggs, The Spirit Himself (1949), The Baptism in the Holy Spirit – Its Nature and Importance, Its Importance, p. 82-83.
2 thoughts on “The Importance of Receiving The Baptism in The Holy Spirit”
The baptism with the Spirit is the new birth. Comes with tongues”. Ro8.9 Jn3 1Jn3.24, 4.19. Acts184.108.40.206
Are you a oneness Pentecostal?